Trying new things

Hello everyone!
     This semester, as most of you know, we have been reading the book Daring Greatly by Brené Brown in class. So far, I really enjoy reading it. She covers interesting topics and the way she narrates the book is not boring or dry. One of the things that so far has stuck out to me is her discussion on vulnerability. She points out that while society mostly believes that being vulnerable is a sign of weakness, not being vulnerable is actually what makes one weak. Because someone is scared of being vulnerable or of embarrassing themselves, they don't take risks or look for opportunities that put them out of their comfort zone, and could actually miss out on a lot of things that they would otherwise have if they didn't view vulnerability as a weakness.
     I have noticed that I, like most people, tend to limit myself because of fear of not being good enough for something or fear of making myself vulnerable. I am also a pretty introverted person, and tend to keep to myself more when I should probably be more out and trying new things. So, this semester, I am trying to give myself the opportunity to try new things. Mostly I am doing this by applying to things, such as programs or jobs. I'm not gonna lie, I've gotten a few rejections so far, but honestly it didn't feel as bad as I thought it would. I think right now I'm more surprised that I actually applied to those things, so I'm trying to take advantage of that!

Comments

  1. I have seen her TED Talk in my communication class last semester and it was very eye opening. I should read that book too.  I am proud that you take rejection and failure less to heart. Being vulnerable is a very powerful thing. To be able to feel so much, being able to express it, and  not be afraid of your emotions is a very powerful thing that I believe we should all do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. UGANLOGA has really made me so much believe in him by getting me cured with his herbal treatment. i really appreciate you Dr UGANLOGA for bringing back happiness to my life. thanks you so much,friends join me to thank him for what he has done for me.Email: druganlogaherbahome@gmail.com  you can call or whatsapp number: +2348107181623

    hello everyone here I have been suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) disease for the past 3 years and i have had constant pain, sickness. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from the hospital also i have use some herbal medicine from African but non could cure this disease from me. but on one faithful day i came across a testimony of MARGRET HUNTER testifying on how DR UGANLOGA CURED HER of her 6 YEARS herpes disease so i wrote Dr.UGANLOGA on his EMAIL.  telling him about my (HERPES Virus) well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by DR UGANLOGA,  one week later i started experiencing changes all over body. and when it was  two weeks of using his herbal medicine,i went to the hospital and it was confirmed that I am now free from the disease and i cannot thank DR UGANLOGA enough that is  i am  here to testify that i am not longer a herpes patient, I have experience a total transformation in my whole life,for all herpes patients get your herbal medicine to cure your sickness. And there has being rapid improvement in my health, I no longer feel pains and I wake up each morning feeling revived. So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all,you can contact him.Email: druganlogaherbalhome@gmail.com or  you can call or whatsapp number: +2348107181623 He can also do the following CANCEREPILEPSYPENIS ENLARGEMENT BREAST ENLARGEMENT BUM ENLARGEMENT 
    GENPILENCIN.
    HIV AIDS.
    COPD
    DIABETICS
    STROKE.
    EXPANDS OF PENIS BREAST
    H.P.V TYPE 1 TYPE 2 TYPE 3 AND TYPE 4. TYPE 5.
    HUMAN PALOMAR VIRUS.
    HERPES.
    SYPHILIS.
    HEPATITIS A B and C SINUSITIS ETC.. THANKS  

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 14

Week 4

What advice would you give your "freshman self" or your "first-day-at-ASU self"?