Week 9

This week I have been switched back to focusing on gram staining. Josh said that it would be better if I just gram stained all of the colonies instead of just the ones I have been sampling. So now I am going to gram stain all 27 colonies on Plate A and all 14 colonies on Plate B. This will be interesting o.o

Anyway, Plate B was taken after it rained here about two months ago. It'll be interesting to see if there are any differences in the bacteria. As you guys can tell, there is a difference in the amount of bacteria colonies, so that's exciting! I wish it would rain again though, so I can determine if the decrease is actually caused by the rain.

Comments

  1. Hey Luisa, I remember you telling me you had to gram stain all of your colonies, I didn't know you had to gram stain 27 colonies. Since this was posted a couple weeks ago, how has that been going for you? A tip you could try is while one slide is drying, start gram staining the others. Let me know your results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I would love to hear more about what you are doing in your project! Hopefully, the rain does come to us soon that would be exciting if you found that there would be an effect because of it. Good luck on your project!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4

Week 14

What advice would you give your "freshman self" or your "first-day-at-ASU self"?