Why STEM?


     I first became interested in Science when I was little and my parents showed me the movie Free Willy. There has never been a time when I have not loved animals, however, for some reason I really grew to like killer whales since watching that movie. It was my dream to go see them at SeaWorld and maybe work there as a trainer until I learned how damaging life in captivity is for animals, especially those as intelligent as orcas. I would watch a lot of documentaries and shows about animals and found it very interesting how some animals, like orcas, can be so intelligent and similar to humans. Then, in high school, I took an AP Biology class. We had the choice between that or Physics, and Biology seemed more interesting. I grew to really love the class and did well in it. When it came time to apply to colleges, I could not decide on a major but remembered how much I liked Biology, so I started community college by trying out the Associate in Science degree and focusing on Biology. I also thought majoring in a Biology related science would also give me more of a chance to do something related to killer whales, if I ever decided to go into something like that. In community college I also took a couple of Psychology courses, which also interested me. I am really interested in the brain and how it affects our behavior and animals' behaviors. Now that I am here, I am thinking about looking more into Neuroscience or something to do with Conservation Biology.

Comments

  1. HOW I GOT MY LOAN FROM THIS GREAT COMPANY

    Hello my dear people, I am Linda McDonald, currently living in Austin Texas, USA. I am a widow at the moment with three kids and i was stuck in a financial situation in April 2018 and i needed to refinance and pay my bills. I tried seeking loans from various loan firms both private and corporate but never with success, and most banks declined my credit ,do not full prey to those hoodlums at there that call them self-money lender they are all scam , all they want is your money and you well not hear from them again they have done it to me twice before I met Mr. David Wilson the most interesting part of it is that my loan was transfer to me within 74hours so I will advise you to contact Mr. David if you are interested in getting loan and you are sure you can pay him back on time you can contact him via email……… (davidwilsonloancompany4@gmail.com) No credit check, no cosigner with just 2% interest rate and better repayment plans and schedule if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan without collateral then contact Mr. David Wilson today for your loan

    They offer all kind of categories of loan they

    Short term loan (5_10years)
    Long term loan (20_40)
    Media term loan (10_20)
    They offer loan like
    Home loan............., Business loan........ Debt loan.......
    Student loan.........., Business startup loan
    Business loan......., Company loan.............. etc
    Email..........( davidwilsonloancompany4@gmail.com)
    When it comes to financial crisis and loan then David Wilson loan financial is the place to go please just tell him I Mrs. Linda McDonald direct you Good Luck.......................

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. UGANLOGA has really made me so much believe in him by getting me cured with his herbal treatment. i really appreciate you Dr UGANLOGA for bringing back happiness to my life. thanks you so much,friends join me to thank him for what he has done for me.Email: druganlogaherbahome@gmail.com  you can call or whatsapp number: +2348107181623

    hello everyone here I have been suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) disease for the past 3 years and i have had constant pain, sickness. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from the hospital also i have use some herbal medicine from African but non could cure this disease from me. but on one faithful day i came across a testimony of MARGRET HUNTER testifying on how DR UGANLOGA CURED HER of her 6 YEARS herpes disease so i wrote Dr.UGANLOGA on his EMAIL.  telling him about my (HERPES Virus) well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by DR UGANLOGA,  one week later i started experiencing changes all over body. and when it was  two weeks of using his herbal medicine,i went to the hospital and it was confirmed that I am now free from the disease and i cannot thank DR UGANLOGA enough that is  i am  here to testify that i am not longer a herpes patient, I have experience a total transformation in my whole life,for all herpes patients get your herbal medicine to cure your sickness. And there has being rapid improvement in my health, I no longer feel pains and I wake up each morning feeling revived. So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all,you can contact him.Email: druganlogaherbalhome@gmail.com or  you can call or whatsapp number: +2348107181623 He can also do the following CANCEREPILEPSYPENIS ENLARGEMENT BREAST ENLARGEMENT BUM ENLARGEMENT 
    GENPILENCIN.
    HIV AIDS.
    COPD
    DIABETICS
    STROKE.
    EXPANDS OF PENIS BREAST
    H.P.V TYPE 1 TYPE 2 TYPE 3 AND TYPE 4. TYPE 5.
    HUMAN PALOMAR VIRUS.
    HERPES.
    SYPHILIS.
    HEPATITIS A B and C SINUSITIS ETC.. THANKS  

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 14

Week 4

What advice would you give your "freshman self" or your "first-day-at-ASU self"?