Reflection

Hello everyone :) I hope things have been going well for you. This semester has been pretty tough for me but my family and friends have really helped me to keep going and not go crazy. I really love and appreciate all of my family and my friends, but the ones that I am probably most grateful to are my sister and my best friend. For a while I have been dealing with some mental health issues and I really appreciate that I can talk to them about things that I wouldn't feel comfortable talking about with anyone else. I think that it is really important to have someone that you can share these things with and that is genuinely happy to see you grow and succeed, even though sometimes you may not see these things yourself. Sometimes its easy to fall into thinking that you are alone in things, but it really helps to have someone reminding you that someone is rooting for you. 

As for advice I'd give to my younger self, I think maybe the biggest thing I could advise myself would be to try to live in the moment more. A lot of times media and society focus a lot on moving forward really quickly and make us compare ourselves to others so we forget to take time to appreciate what we have in that moment. When I was younger, I would feel insecure about not being as successful or as good at things at others and I would forget to stop and look at what I had. So now I look back and miss those things and I regret not having appreciated them more. While I am still not perfect, when I can I try to remind myself to live more in the moment. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 14

Week 4

What advice would you give your "freshman self" or your "first-day-at-ASU self"?