College Life to Career

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. We're almost done with the semester. I'm trying to finish as best as I can, but this semester has been really difficult and stressful.

Some valuable skills that I have learned through my college career are socializing/networking, working under pressure, and public speaking. What I mean by socializing/networking is mostly being able to connect with people, help others out, and learning how to ask for help. I've always been a very introverted and quiet person, so my college experience has helped me to talk to people and make connections with others. I value these connections a lot because they have been difficult for me to obtain and have provided me with so much and allowed me to help others as well. I think this will be very helpful in future careers because I've learned that often, just by talking to others you can find so many other opportunities. Most of the opportunities I've had have been through connections I have made and I find that very valuable. 

Throughout my college career, there have been many different things going on and I'm sure I'm not alone in that. Trying to juggle everything and still do well in school, especially with keeping up with deadlines, has helped me to practice working under pressure. I know myself and how I work better now, so when I really need to focus I have a better idea of what I need to do, which has really helped me in school and I think will help greatly in the future. I used to have a hard time with this as well.

Finally, public speaking has also been something that I've improved on, will use in the future, and have struggled with in the past. While I still hate public speaking and I'm still not the best at it, I know that I've greatly improved and will have to keep exercising this skill. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 14

Week 4

Goals